Crash Course on the Arab-Israeli Conflict and Original Israel-Palestine flag
Crash Course on the Arab-Israeli Conflict
Pre 1948 flag of “Palestine”
BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY… (It takes just 1.5 minutes to read!) It makes sense and it’s not slanted. Jew and non-Jew — it doesn’t matter.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem : Israel became a nation in 1312 BC, two thousand (2000) years before the rise of Islam.
2… Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand (1000) years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years. Not quite true. There were Jewish and non Jewish kingdoms. Even the map on the right exaggerates the extent of Jewish rule because we know the coastal plains were largely controlled by Egypt. Other non Jewish groups .. the Idumeans, Edomites, are missing from this map. The northern Kingdom, called Israel, fell to the Assyrians in 722. Its people, the “lost tribes” were dispersed. Their descendants are unknown and could easily be lost among today’s “Arabs.” . The kingdom of David based in Jerusalem fell to Nebuzaraddan in 587 BCE. The Jews returned from exile as and created a subject state under Cyrus of Persia in 539. Later, Judea was conquered by the Greeks, then became newly independent under the Maccabees. That rule was brief, ending with the Roman conquest of Judeah in 63 CE. No Jewish state has existed as an independent entity since then. Since the real data of the conquest of Jerusalem is not known and we do not know whether David rules more than the hills around Jerusalem, the statement that ancient Judeah existed for a 1000 years is at best a stretch.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 lasted no more than 22 years. This is absurd. After the conquest under Cali[h Umar, the Romans (Byzantines) never returned. Arabs, however, did not create nations because their concept was of peoples living under one caliphate. Except for a brief period, the area of Palesrine was under ne or another Arab Caliphate until the Ottomans conquered the Arans and the Caliph became a Turk.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem , they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit. This is sort of true. Jerusalem was the capital of the only historic Palestinian, state .. the Frankish Kingdom under the Crusaders 1099–1291.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned even once in the Koran. This is a twisted version of the truth. The Quran is the Muslim book of revealed truth .. the equivalent of the Torah for Jews. The Tanach includes the Torah and Jewish history books. Neither the Quran nor the Torah mention Jerusalem but neither deals with Jewish history after Moses. The history books of Judges, Kings and Prophets are Jewish history, NOT revelation. These books and similar books used by Muslims do talk of Jerusalem.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem . Mohammed never came to Jerusalem . This is false. David is believed to have conquered Jerusalem from the Jebusites.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem . Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem .. This is false, Muslims pray TOWARD Mecca. A Muslim due north of Israel would pray toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. 68% left (many in fear of retaliation by their own brethren, the Arabs), without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The ones who stayed were afforded the same peace, civility, and citizenship rights as everyone else. This is part true. Jewish forces did forcibly evacuate many Arab villages.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms. Very true and often neglected as is the alliance of the leader of the Palestinian Arabs with the Nazis. If Rommel had gotten to Palestine, Israel’s Jews would have been sent to the camps. Even more central is the fact that Jordan expelled all Jews form the lands it conquered in 48 .. today’s “West Bank.”
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same. Very true. Also neglected is that Jews living in Arab lands often had only second class citizenship and in some countries were virtual slaves.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people’s lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel , a country no larger than the state of New Jersey. Very twisted. Certainly one could argue that Jewish refugees in Europe should have been resettled there. This did not happen because of 0persistent anti-Semitism in most of Europe where Jews had to be rescued and because of Zionism that wanted the refugees to become Israelis.
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO’s Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with most of their needs.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel .
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives .[They used tombstones to pave roads].
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
Map - British Mandate 1920 & 1922
British Mandate 1920
*Mandate: an order or commission granted by the League of Nations to a member nation for the establishment of a responsible government over a former German colony or other conquered territory Merriam-Webster Dictionary
British Mandate 1922
Born in Palestine in 1939. This Palestine?
Of course history matters not to today's Palestinians. Or anti Israel pro "Palestinians" throughout the west. Including the professor in the White House and his sidekicks, who arrogate themselves to tell Jews where to live. Forget the Muslim world, they're fine erasing history.